Lemon Drizzle Cake tastes amazing with a nice cup of tea, or serve it with ice cream as a delicious dessert.
Here is the Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe
- 1 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 1 Cup self-raising flour
Ingredients for the drizzle topping:
- Juice 1½ lemons
- 1/4 Cup caster sugar
How to Make Lemon Drizzle Cake:
1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas.
2. Beat together 225g softened unsalted butter and 225g caster sugar until pale and creamy.
3. Add 4 eggs, one at a time, slowly mixing through.
4. Sift in 1 cup flour.
5. Add the finely grated juice of 1 lemon and mix until well combined.
6. Line a loaf tin (8 x 21cm) with greaseproof paper, then spoon in the mixture and level the top with a spoon.
Bake it for 45-50 mins until the point that a thin stick embedded into the focal point of the cake come out clean. While the cake is cooling in its tin, combine the juice of 1/2 lemons and 1/4 container caster sugar to make the sprinkle. Prick the warm cake done with a stick or fork, at that point pour over the shower – the juice will soak in and the sugar will frame a beautiful, fresh garnish. Leave in the tin until totally cool, at that point expel and serve. Will keep in a hermetically sealed holder for 3-4 days or stop for up to 1 month.